Currently, we have the upcoming Flatpress 1.2 “Legato” in a first beta testing phase. You might want to check that out!
More details on the support forum …
With release 1.1, we took the time to fix a few more things, and to clean up a little bit. The BBCode toolbar has now graphical icons and knows a few more elements, some more languages are included, and a number of bugs and glitches have been fixed. Even one security fix is on board.
See this blog post for more details.
Please contact us to report any bugs and suggestions.
Installing FlatPress is really easy!
- Unzip FlatPress package and upload to your web server
- Browse to your web server, insert your data into the FlatPress installer
- Enjoy blogging with FlatPress!
See the wiki for more detailed installation instructions.
Update 1.0(.x) to 1.1
Updating FlatPress from 1.0 (or one of its minor releases, e.g. 1.0.3) to 1.1 is quite simple.
- At first: Create a backup of your blog. This enables you to rollback your changes in case of errors.
- Simply unzip the update package and transfer its contents to your server. Overwrite existing files.
That’s it. If everything worked correctly, the FlatPress backend (Maintain -> Check for updates) displays “You have FlatPress version 1.1”.
FlatPress is proudly brought to you under the freedoms of GNU GPLv2 license. This allows you to freely use FlatPress for any purposes, and also to adapt and change the source code to your needs. Changed versions have to be released under GPL again. (If you are a developer and want to add something to FlatPress, feel free to create a fork on GitHub and send us a pull request with your improvements!)