HO! HO! HO! MERRY XMAS!
+ Brand new indexing system + Many bug fixes (drafts, validation errors, etc.) + Cosmetic changes in default admin panel
How to upgrade from Vivace
That’ll be surprisingly easy, even though there is a brand new indexing engine!
1) do a backup (just in case ;) )
2) Download the package from SourceForge
2) unpack the file you downloaded
3) drop your old fp-content/ to the new flatpress/ dir you unpacked
3) login as usual; if anything doesn’t work here (it should, don’t worry), reinstall
4) go to the maintenance tab and choose to rebuild the index
5) wait for the page to load completely
6) scroll down, you should see a message saying the process has finished: you’re done!
6/b) you might need to empty the fp-content/cache/ dir if you had prettyurls enabled
Note: This is SVN rev227
UPDATE: if you’re experiencing a “syntax error”, try using these patched files. And tell your host they suck :D
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:45:23
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 11:05:20
damnit, Santa’s coming! Better watch out, better not cry! :D
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 14:28:28
Thanks for the Christmas present!
Upgrade just done!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 14:50:41
Continuo a non azzeccarne una: yet non just!!!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 15:11:32
“Just” mi sembrava corretto :D
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 17:22:13
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 21:18:46
Wow! that’s cooool :)
I can’t wait to go home and update!
Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 23:51:12
I searched to install this new version on my web-site, but I’ve got this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ARRAY, expecting ‘)’ in /web/htdocs/www.manualinux.com/home/blognew/fp-includes/core/core.bplustree.class.php on line 209
You can verify it.
This is a new installation, there are not files backup inside it.
There is an error on this new version of installation??
Friday, December 26, 2008 - 08:16:24
Ops I forgot….this is the link which I talked about above:
Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:12:32
Thanks to everyone.
first of all
1) use the F… FINE forum if you need help or to report a bug, or you’ll make baby Jesus cry
2) contact your host and tell them they suck, since it’s almost 2009 and they’re still running php 4 :D
btw, try opening fp-includes/core/core.bplustree.class.php find line 209 and DELETE those two keywords “array”; if the same error comes up again, repeat the procedure.
PS: If you still encounter any error, please continue the discussion on the forum
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 15:22:00
On your static start page is an mistake in writing. Isn’t it better like that?
“FlatPress 0.812 Fortissimo is in the wild!”
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 15:43:31
whoops :) thank you