HO! HO! HO! MERRY XMAS!
+ Brand new indexing system + Many bug fixes (drafts, validation errors, etc.) + Cosmetic changes in default admin panel
How to upgrade from Vivace
That’ll be surprisingly easy, even though there is a brand new indexing engine!
1) do a backup (just in case ;) )
2) Download the package from SourceForge
2) unpack the file you downloaded
3) drop your old fp-content/ to the new flatpress/ dir you unpacked
3) login as usual; if anything doesn’t work here (it should, don’t worry), reinstall
4) go to the maintenance tab and choose to rebuild the index
5) wait for the page to load completely
6) scroll down, you should see a message saying the process has finished: you’re done!
6/b) you might need to empty the fp-content/cache/ dir if you had prettyurls enabled
Note: This is SVN rev227
UPDATE: if you’re experiencing a “syntax error”, try using these patched files. And tell your host they suck :D